Translate

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

# 2 Total Control


Total Control
Cameron Canupp
Eng 102 M-W 5:00
Michael Benton
        
         After reading the article They Say By: Douglas Roshkoff, I must say I don’t always agree what “they say” for example marijuana leading into LCD. I think that matters on how much control you have over your mind and body, being able to stop the urge to do things, some people on the other hand I feel is that they lake the mind over situation theory. I’m personally only make decisions on what I want or think is best, at least as much as I can control without my subconscious kicking in
            Now I do believe the conspiracy on changing the lighting or colors of a store, for example Wal-Mart, to make us shop more and buy things we did not intentionally go in to buy. They always have signs saying rollback deals to lure you in, but once you’re inside your mind subconsciously feeds and goes on a buying spree when introduced to the bright lights and color scheme.
            With the Internet anyone who wants to have any say on any possible thing you can think of, is now possible. The information that use to be not easy obtained is now accessible with a few simple clicks. It can either be a really bad thing or really good. Personally I think it’s a bad thing. First off why is there a need to know every possible thing? Its impossible to retain it all anyway. Plus people can access your information whenever they want, if they know what their doing. Its practically impossible to stay private off web, unless you have never made an email, or had a bank card, or even made a small loan through your bank, because your not the only one who puts all your info on the computer companies would wide now also do so.
            I enjoyed the article there were many good points and debatable topics all throughout the article. Even if you think you are in total control, its not ever that simple. The way he manipulates you to read this article, and talks about how media manipulates you is genius I was astonished after finishing this reading.

1 comment: